Here we are collecting resources on COVID-19 to increase knowledge the ethical challenges that may be faced as well as policies in place by institutions and organizations.
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
- American Medical Association COVID-19 (2019 novel coronavirus) resource center for physicians)
- American Medical Association Code of Ethics
- Center to Advance Palliative Care: New CAPC COVID-19 Response Resources Toolkit
- CommonSpirit Health Crisis Response Guidelines
- Columbia University Division of Ethics
- New England Journal of Medicine Covid-19 Articles
- External collection of policies A public collection of policies on a share drive
- Medical Economics has devoted an issue to COVID-19. The link will take you to the magazine.
- Annals of Internal Medicine. "Ventilator Triage Policies During the COVID-19 Pandemic at U.S. Hospitals Associated With Members of the Association of Bioethics Program Directors" Matheny Antommaria, A. H., et al. (2020).
- PBS article on Hospice and Covid-19
- Pandemic palliative care: beyond ventilators and saving lives. CMAJ 2020. doi: 10.1503/cmaj.200465; early-released March 31, 2020
- Opinion | The Way We Ration Ventilators Is Biased. The New York Times, April 15, 2020
- Assessing Legal Responses to COVID-19, produced by Public Health Law Watch, an initiative of the George Consortium
- Hastings Center Ethical Framework for Health Care Institutions & Guidelines for Institutional Ethics Services Responding to the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Harvard Roadmap to Pandemic Resilience
- COVID-19 Addendum: Allocation of Scarce Resources in Acute Care Facilities, Recommended for Approval by State Disaster Medical Advisory Committee (SDMAC) – 6/12/2020
- Arizona Health Care Systems’ Coordinated Response to COVID-19—“In It Together”, By ABN Board Member, Patricia Mayer, MD, MS, HEC-C and Sharon Feldman, LLB, MS
- Patent Pools and the Pandemic—A Renewed Debate, by Bashar Malkawi, SJD, LLM, University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law
- We need to relax intellectual property rules to fight this virus by James M. Cooper Porfessor of Law at California Western School of Law and Bashar Malkawi, SJD, LLM, University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law