Here we are collecting resources on COVID-19 to increase knowledge the ethical challenges that may be faced as well as policies in place by institutions and organizations.
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
- American Medical Association COVID-19 (2019 novel coronavirus) resource center for physicians)
- American Medical Association Code of Ethics
- Center to Advance Palliative Care: New CAPC COVID-19 Response Resources Toolkit
- External collection of policies A public collection of policies on a share drive
- Medical Economics has devoted an issue to COVID-19. The link will take you to the magazine.
- Annals of Internal Medicine. "Ventilator Triage Policies During the COVID-19 Pandemic at U.S. Hospitals Associated With Members of the Association of Bioethics Program Directors" Matheny Antommaria, A. H., et al. (2020).
- PBS article on Hospice and Covid-19
- Pandemic palliative care: beyond ventilators and saving lives. CMAJ 2020. doi: 10.1503/cmaj.200465; early-released March 31, 2020
- Opinion | The Way We Ration Ventilators Is Biased. The New York Times, April 15, 2020
- Hastings Center Ethical Framework for Health Care Institutions & Guidelines for Institutional Ethics Services Responding to the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Harvard Roadmap to Pandemic Resilience
- COVID-19 Addendum: Allocation of Scarce Resources in Acute Care Facilities, Recommended for Approval by State Disaster Medical Advisory Committee (SDMAC) – 6/12/2020